For the last year and a half, my various living quarters have been internet-free, thus limiting my online life in a healthy way. This all changed, as we’ve just installed hi-speed in the depa. I am now able to be online ALL THE TIME. For those of you who don’t have internet, I highly recommend it.
One thing having internet begets, besides a shorter attention span and a less intellectual life, is the capability to blog in bed. This, too, is highly recommended. This indicates that my web log, as it were, is about to go from a well-though out work of art to yet another psychotically frequently updated bitchfest.
On that note, I should mention that my normally 23 minute commute took me 1 hour and 45 minutes this evening due to:
- An apocalyptic rainstorm
- A 50 minute wait in one metro station
- A train ramming my train from behind in Centro Medico
- A power outage as a result of said crash
- A 20 minute walk at 11 pm as no taxis were available
It also involved:
- Two Bubulubus consumed before dinner during said wait
- A lot of whistling from passengers, as that clearly helps the train move
- A stranger’s erection constantly bumping me
True Life: I’m an English Teacher? You think you know, but you have no idea. Until I choke on my coffee tomorrow, good night.